operation of TOBOGGAN RUN at pokagon state park
The toboggan run at Pokagon State Park is a 1,780-foot long and 90-foot tall refrigerated twin track. The top recorded speed on the Pokagon State Park toboggan run is 42 mph. It is located in Pokagon State Park in northeast Indiana. The tobboggan run in Pokagon State Park is one of the tallest and fastest toboggan runs in the United States.
The Pokagon Toboggan Run is refrigerated and operates with or without snow!
Schedule of Operation - 2022/2023 Season
Open Saturdays & Sundays 10 am – 6:30 pm from November 25, 2022 through February 26, 2023
Additional Holiday Hours:
Winter Break (December 17, 2022 to January 1, 2023): Open every day 10 am – 6:30 pm
*** Closed Christmas Day ***
Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 16, 2023): Open 10 am – 6:30 pm
Presidents’ Day (Monday, February 20, 2023): Open 10 am – 6:30 pm
TOBOGGAN Run at pokagon state park RENTAL INFO
- Cost is $20/hour per toboggan (tax included).
- Normal park entry fees apply
- Cash, check, and Visa/MasterCard accepted.
- During winter fees are collected on Friday nights and on weekends when the run is open.
- A driver’s license or state issued ID is required as deposit and rents up to 4 toboggans.
- No all day rentals.
- No group reservations or group rates.
- Sleds rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
GENERAL TOBOGGAN RUN INFO
- Gloves must be worn to rent and ride the toboggans.
- Refrigerated track – snow is not needed to operate.
- Toboggan will close if air temperatures drop to 0 degrees F or below at the track.
- Warming center restrooms open
- Concessions are available
- No indoor gathering space is available.
- No carry in food to the Warming Center.
- Carry-in items are allowed in the area outside the rental room.
- Picnic Tables are available on a first come first served basis.
- Tailgaiting is allowed in the lower toboggan parking lot only.
- Maximum of 4 people per toboggan (no exceptions).
- Must use park’s toboggan.
- There are no specific age or height restrictions, but children must be able to understand and follow rules.
- No cameras/video equipment allowed on ride.